Join us for the 2016 Celebration of Leadership on the evening of Wednesday, March 2 at the newly renovated Dairy Arts Center to hear this year’s honorees’ inspirational stories. And gain exclusive insights into the Chamber’s action plans for 2016—continuing to work with bold leaders and partner organizations in our ongoing journey to “Build Community Through Business.”
Registration is limited and will close on February 29. There will be no walk ins. Please reserve you spot today!
CONGRATULATIONS to our 2016 honorees!
Business Person of the Year: Gerry Agnes, president and CEO, Elevations Credit Union. Under Agnes’s leadership, Elevations has achieved unprecedented business success in customer service and quality management, culminating in winning the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. In doing so, Agnes exemplifies determination and commitment to building a strong local economy.
Community Leadership Award: Ken Hotard, Senior VP of Public Affairs for the Boulder Area REALTOR® Association, and Will Toor, Director of the Transportation Program with Southwest Energy Efficiency Project. Despite often representing disparate constituencies, Hotard and Toor have forged a partnership in advancing common goals for the Boulder community, most recently combining their talents and experience in the leadership of Better Boulder. Through that organization, they’ve promoted sustainable development models for our community that are helping to advance Boulder’s economic vitality while achieving our environmental and social goals.
Chamber Champion Award: Dianna Rands, Owner of Chill Digital Marketing. Few have been as active in supporting Boulder Chamber members and its activities. As a Boulder Chamber Ambassador, Rands has helped many network with their peers and take full advantage of their memberships. Further, in her roles as a Women Who Light the Community event co-chair and a former Business Women’s Leadership Group chair, she has demonstrated her leadership, contributing time and ideas to strengthen the Boulder Chamber and the surrounding business community.
Franny Reich Local Business Hero Award: Liz Hanson, City of Boulder Economic Vitality Coordinator; and George Karakehian, former City Council member and owner of Art Source International. In a break with tradition, the Boulder Chamber is bestowing its highest honor on two distinguished leaders, both individuals with a legacy of accomplishment that represents the full spectrum of private and public support that combines to keep our economy strong. In her capacity with the City of Boulder, Hanson has earned the Franny Reich recognition for serving the community with distinction as a front-line partner in supporting local business success and a champion for the programs that sustain Boulder’s economic vitality. Karakehian earned Franny Reich honor through his contributions to the Boulder community as a successful businessman combined with a dedication to public service and nonprofit leadership.
Awards and Nomination Criteria
- Business Person of the Year award is presented annually to the person who exemplifies determination and commitment to build a strong local economy.
- Industry Leadership Award recognizes an industry leader who exemplifies the innovative spirit, creative problem solving, and pioneering approaches to organizational success and unprecedented industry growth that defines Boulder’s leadership.
- Community Leadership Award recognizes an individual(s) that have made significant contributions to advance their industry, environment, social sustainability within the community, while achieving business success.
- Chamber Champion Award recognizes a leader who has contributed time and ideas to strengthen the Boulder Chamber and the surrounding business community.
- Franny Reich Local Business Hero Award recognizes an outstanding individual for his or her exemplary legacy of business leadership and commitment to supporting the community.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2016 PRESENTING SPONSOR: