If you have employees, you need workers’ comp insurance! Get your workers’ comp insurance through the Boulder Chamber Safety Group and be eligible to receive a 4% discount on your premium plus the potential to qualify for an annual dividend.
- 4% discount on premium
- Competitive workers comp rates
- Participate in safety seminars, education to improve work place safety plus many other readily available resources offered by Pinnacol Assurance
- The Boulder Chamber has historically received a group dividend 60% over the last ten years.
SAFETY GROUP SEMINARS
Safety Group participants are required to complete two seminars within their policy term. Questions about Safety Group requirements or other workers comp matters should be directed to your agent at Taggart Insurance, Arthur J Gallagher & Co, or Associates Insurance Group.
Pinnacol created these webinars to address some of the topics most requested by policyholders. Topics such as Cost Containment Certification, Slips, Trips and Falls Prevention, Accident Investigation and Introduction to Subrogation. You will also find brief videos called Pinnacol Pointers, which address risk management topics like ladder safety, hazcom updates and new hire safety. Pinnacol created webinars to address some of the topics most requested. Please ensure that the Safety Group Approved logo (below) appears next to the seminar title as only these seminars will count towards the requirement.
Access Online Courses
UPCOMING SAFETY SEMINARS – Open to all Chamber Members
March 8th 12:30-1:30 – Lunch provided
The Aging Workforce
The term “aging workforce” means different things to different people. Topics for this class include:
• Understanding the common impacts of aging
• Recognizing the impact that age has on injuries in the workplace
• Identifying solutions to decrease the risk of injury for these employees
June 7th 12:30-1:30 – Lunch provided
Unscrambling the Claims Puzzle
Understanding your rights and responsibilities after an employee is injured is a key component to managing claims costs. This course provides information about workers’ compensation benefits and rules while connecting the pieces involved in handling claims. After completing this course, you will be equipped to play an active role in the claims management process.
• Workers’ compensation benefits provided to injured workers
• Workers’ compensation rules and processes
• Communicating with designated medical providers
• Techniques and tools for managing losses
September 12th 12:30-1:30 – Lunch provided
Making Return to Work Work for You
If you are a new Pinnacol policyholder or new to handling workers’ compensation claims, this course is for you! It is designed to help employers return injured workers safely to work by offering modified duty. You’ll learn when and how to contact Pinnacol’s return to work consultants and what resources are available to you. You’ll also discover how offering modified duty can help your organization better manage your claims and save money.
• The benefits of modified duty
• How to offer modified duty
• How to identify modified duty tasks
• Pinnacol’s resources and tools
December 12th 2:30-5pm (Semi Annual Meeting 2:30-3pm, Networking 3-3:30pm, Seminar 3:30-5pm) – Appetizers and drinks provided
The Most Important Tool in Your Toolbox: Job Hazard Analysis
If one tool existed that was proven to accomplish many tasks with a great degree of accuracy, would you buy it? Come and learn how to change the workplace safety culture, reduce hazards, increase governmental compliance, increase productivity and identify training needs all with one tool — a job hazard analysis (JHA).
• Effectively using a JHA form
• Classifying job tasks and hazards associated with those tasks
• Identifying corrective measures to ensure that a job can be completed safely
TO SIGN UP FOR THE SAFETY GROUP, PLEASE CONTACT ONE OF OUR PARTICIPATING BROKERS: