If you have employees, you need workers’ comp insurance! Get your workers’ comp insurance through the Boulder Chamber Safety Group and be eligible to receive a 4% discount on your premium plus the potential to qualify for an annual dividend.
- 4% discount on premium
- Competitive workers comp rates
- Participate in safety seminars, education to improve work place safety plus many other readily available resources offered by Pinnacol Assurance
- The Boulder Chamber has historically received a group dividend 60% over the last ten years.
SAFETY GROUP SEMINARS
Safety Group participants are required to complete two seminars within their policy term. Questions about Safety Group requirements or other workers comp matters should be directed to your agent at Taggart Insurance, Arthur J Gallagher & Co, or Associates Insurance Group.
Pinnacol created these webinars to address some of the topics most requested by policyholders. Topics such as Cost Containment Certification, Slips, Trips and Falls Prevention, Accident Investigation and Introduction to Subrogation. You will also find brief videos called Pinnacol Pointers, which address risk management topics like ladder safety, hazcom updates and new hire safety. Pinnacol created webinars to address some of the topics most requested. Please ensure that the Safety Group Approved logo (below) appears next to the seminar title as only these seminars will count towards the requirement.
Access Online Courses
UPCOMING SAFETY SEMINARS – Open to all Chamber Members
September 7, 2016
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM at the Boulder Chamber
Back and Manual Materials Handling Injury Prevention
Strains due to lifting are one of the most frequent causes of injury for Pinnacol policyholders. Sixty percent of these claims involve the lower back and shoulder. Traditional approaches to controlling back injuries, such as proper lifting training and stretching programs, have not been successful in reducing injuries. Participants will learn the most effective strategies for reducing the frequency and severity of back injury claims. Topics will include:
- The most high-risk job tasks for back and shoulder injuries
- Ergonomic design principles for manual material handling
- An evaluation of the seven common lifting techniques
- An assessment tool to evaluate the recommended weight limits for lifting tasks
The Speaker will be Kevin Simonton, Ergonomics Specialist.
December 7, 2016
4:00 PM – 5:30 PM *Location will be specified at a later date
Slip, Trip and Fall Prevention
Approximately 300,000 U.S. employees are disabled each year as a result of slip, trip and fall accidents. In Colorado, slips, trips and falls are almost always the No. 1 cause of employee injuries. These claims can be costly for employers, as well as painful and debilitating for the injured worker. What do we know about most of these injuries? They don’t have to happen.
- Reviewing the true costs of slips, trips and falls in the workplace
- Identifying common slip, trip and fall hazards
- Slip, trip and fall prevention techniques that keep your employees safe
TO SIGN UP FOR THE SAFETY GROUP, PLEASE CONTACT ONE OF OUR PARTICIPATING BROKERS: