Ninth Updated Public Health Order: Colorado Dial Framework 3.0
Read the order at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NNGzlC_fzTo6lU1WK3YcexMk4ZYnCTCq/view
REMINDER: Check out all the order guidance by industry sector - Guidance by sector | Colorado COVID-19 Updates
Summary of changes for the
Ninth Amended PHO 20-36
Read the summary: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WbEKAoJl9AYXK-DgmsDLvUL8QxL6rNAK/view
- Section I.C: modified recommendation that Individuals at Risk of Severe Disease from COVID-19 be encouraged to remain home if they are unvaccinated, and made conforming amendments throughout the PHO
- Section I.F: removed restriction that public transit should only be used for Necessary Activities
- Section II.A.1: added provision allowing CDPHE to move a county to a more restrictive Dial level if county hospitalizations contribute to a hospital or hospital system exceeding 85% capacity
- Section II.A.2 and 3: removed the application process for Level Green/Protect Our Neighbors
- Section II.B.1: revised Level Green/Protect Our Neighbors metrics from eight to three, including hospitalizations, disease incidence rate, and percent positivity
- Section II.B.2: revised Level Green/Protect Our Neighbors to remove restrictions except for specified sectors or local restrictions, sectors remaining restricted include Bars, Smoking lounges, Indoor events, Organized Sports, and Camps
- Section II.B.2, II.C.2.a, II.D.2.a, and II.E.2.a: removed indoor personal gather restrictions in Levels Blue and Yellow, indoor gatherings should follow the CDC guidelines
LEVEL BLUE CHANGES (BOCO 5 Star Certified Businesses Only)
- Section II.C.2.b: Offices in Level Blue may operate at 75% capacity
- Section II.C.2.c: Retail in Level Blue may operate at 75% capacity
- Section II.C.2.d: Manufacturing in Level Blue may operate at 75% capacity
- Section II.C.2.h: Restaurants in Level Blue may operate at 100% capacity with 6 feet distancing (5 Star must still take “reservations”)
- Section II.C.2.l: Outdoor Events in Level Blue may operate in full, subject to local limits
- Section II.C.2.m: Recreation in Level Blue may operate at 100% with 6 feet distancing (5 Star must still take “reservations”)
- Section II.C.2.o: Outdoor Guided Activities in Level Blue may operate in full, subject to local limits
- Section II.C.2.s: Bars in Level Blue that do not serve food may operate at 25% not to exceed 75 people
- Section III.A.1.a: authorized Bars that do not serve food to operate in Level Blue
LEVEL ORANGE CHANGES
- Section V: authorized outdoor site-specific variances in Level Orange, approved variances remain in effect until the PHO expires or is rescinded
- Appendix M.II.A: authorized outdoor site-specific variances in Level Orange
5 STAR BUSINESS CHANGES
Level Blue now allows for greater occupancy in all 5 Star sectors and eliminates the need for some, depending on a county’s dial level and how they’re operating in Level Blue.
Level Blue counties operating in Level Blue
Counties in Level Blue do not have the ability to operate 5 Star with Level Green allowances. They continue to be limited to the allowances in Level Blue, however, businesses that are not indoor/outdoor events, gyms and fitness centers, or restaurants, and that are not relegated to a capacity percentage only, are permitted to operate with an additional 50 people added to their person cap.
For example, offices are now permitted to operate at 75% capacity, which is the maximum capacity in that setting, however, limited health care settings can operate at 50% up to 100 people, whichever is less. This applies to counties in Level Blue only. Counties in Level Yellow operating in Level Blue are limited to the allowances outlined in the capacity chart for Level Blue.
Additionally, Indoor Events are permitted to operate at 50% capacity up to 500 people, whichever is less. This adds an additional 275 people on the person cap for indoor seated events, and an additional 325 people for indoor unseated events.
Level Yellow counties operating in Level Blue (CURRENT BOULDER COUNTY LEVEL): Counties in Level Yellow that meet the metric requirements are permitted to operate 5 Star with Level Blue allowances.
Linked below are the current 5 Star State Certification Program mitigation strategy checklists by sector with additional clarifications
General Business: Counties in Level Blue or Level Yellow operating in Blue with certified businesses that fall under this category should work to ensure that these businesses are following the allowances for their specific business or industry.
Counties in Level Blue with businesses certified under this category that are not indoor or outdoor events, gyms and fitness centers, or restaurants, and that are not relegated to a capacity percentage only, are permitted to operate with an additional 50 people added to their person cap. For example, offices are now permitted to operate at 75% capacity, which is the maximum capacity in that setting, however, limited health care settings can operate at 50% up to 100 people, whichever is less. This applies to counties in Level Blue only. Counties in Level Yellow allowing business to operate in Level Blue (BOULDER COUNTY’S CURRENT STATUS) are limited to the allowances outlined in the capacity chart for Level Blue.
Gyms & Fitness: Counties in Level Blue with certified gyms and fitness facilities can operate at 100% capacity with 6ft distancing between parties. Reservations are still required.
Sports Facilities: Counties in Level Blue with certified sports facilities should follow the Level Blue sector guidelines and allowances for Gyms & Fitness, permitting 100% capacity with 6ft distancing between parties.
Restaurants: Counties in Level Blue with certified restaurants are now permitted to operate at 100% capacity using a 6ft distance between parties. Only bars that operate like restaurants are permitted to operate with these allowances. Bars that do not serve food in accordance with the Public Health Order are not eligible for certification at any dial level.
Personal Services: There were no changes to the allowances for personal services at any dial level, but an additional 50 people are permitted
Indoor Events: There were no changes to the allowances for indoor events in levels Red, Orange, or Yellow. When the County is in Level Blue, the total person capacity was expanded from 175 (indoor unseated) and 225 (indoor seated) to 500 (indoor seated or unseated).
Outdoor Events: There were no changes to the allowances for outdoor events in levels Red, Orange, or Yellow. In Level Blue, state regulations were lifted. 5 Star administrative committees in Level Blue or operating in Level Blue should work with their local public health agencies to determine the allowances for outdoor events.
XL Indoor & Outdoor Event Venues: XL Indoor and Outdoor Events were absorbed by Dial 3.0 and are no longer applicable. Large event venue allowances and guidance will further devolve to the counties in mid-April when the state plans to devolve the dial to the counties.
Industry Guidance by Sector
*Please note that despite capacity increases with the new public health order that was released for some industries, distancing requirements are still in place within the order. Tables at restaurants, equipment at gyms, desks at offices, etc. should still be distanced at least 6 feet apart. The best place to get your information is within the guidance for your sector and not to rely simply on the capacity charts.
Restaurants - https://covid19.colorado.gov/restaurants-food-services
Indoor Events - https://covid19.colorado.gov/indoor-events
Outdoor Events - https://covid19.colorado.gov/outdoor-events
Personal Recreation - https://covid19.colorado.gov/recreation
Personal Services - https://covid19.colorado.gov/personal-services
Limited Healthcare - https://covid19.colorado.gov/limited-health-care
Retail - https://covid19.colorado.gov/retail
Manufacturing - https://covid19.colorado.gov/non-critical-manufacturing
Organized Sports - https://covid19.colorado.gov/organized-sports
Outdoor Recreation - https://covid19.colorado.gov/outdoor-recreation
Field Services and Real Estate – https://covid19.colorado.gov/field-services-and-real
Grocery Stores - https://covid19.colorado.gov/grocery-stores
Places of Worship - https://covid19.colorado.gov/worship-guidance