The Boulder Chamber is happy to provide our giant scissors to members for ribbon cutting ceremonies
at no charge (based on availability).
We also offer an Exposure Package to feature your ribbon cutting ceremony in our e-newsletter, our online event calendar and in our social media.* We can also schedule a Boulder Chamber representative to attend, subject to schedule availability.
Vanguard Member Level & Above: $0
Trailblazer Member Level & Below: $99
*We are unable to guarantee attendance numbers; your content will drive the event's popularity.
Past Ribbon Cuttings
Tips for Success
- Promote the event through your own network using social media, email communications, word-of-mouth or printed materials.
- Submit a press release to local newspapers, radio stations, online event calendars and to the Boulder Chamber Member Information Center.
- Incorporate a “fun factor,” such as a drawing or giveaway. This is also a good way to collect voluntary contact information from your guests.
- Use recommended food, alcohol and photography vendors. The Chamber will gladly provide suggestions upon request.
- Provide vegetarian and gluten-free menu options for your guests. While not necessary, it’s a nice touch that your guests will appreciate.
- Arrange for parking. If you’re expecting a large number of guests, ensure there is ample parking. Parking should be easily accessible to the location of the event. If you have delivery trucks, caterers or special equipment being brought to the event, you will need to make sure everyone knows the best location for unloading.
- Know the event timeline.
- Keep your introduction to the crowd concise, engaging and light.