- This weekend, treat yourself to a laugh at @DairyArts Dairy Comedy presents: @TammyPescatelli, Sunday at 7:30 p.m.… https://t.co/dB7UaFf0Kx,
- Tomorrow 10am-4pm, join @IHADreamBoulder's Dream Kitchens! Tour, showcasing kitchens by top architects & designers.… https://t.co/lAzTz7jwq7,
- Boulder tech startup Arryved, specializing in brewery point-of-sale platform secures $700k in private equity funding https://t.co/cQvaVBiL7g,
- A new study by @smartasset has uncovered the best green cities for families, and Boulder comes in ninth. Read more: https://t.co/hb3PJx7CcA,
- Join us at the May 25 Boulder Economic Summit, for engaging and important discussions about the state of our region… https://t.co/xDia1FczWF,
- USA Basketball maintains headquarters in Colorado Springs
COLORADO SPRINGS — The national governing body for U.S. basketball has decided to remain in Colorado Springs. The Colorado Springs Business Journal reports that USA Basketball will move into a new headquarters in a building downtown. The organization is working with the John and Margot Lane Foundation to move to the first floor of the building at 27 S. Tejon St. The building also houses the U.S. Olympic Committee. Construction on the new 26,000-square-foot space will begin this summer, with completion by the end of 2017. USA Basketball moved its headquarters from Jacksonville, Ill., to Colorado Springs in 1979.
The post USA Basketball maintains headquarters in Colorado Springs appeared first on BizWest.Read more »
- Retailer’s U.S. pullback includes Denver location
A Canadian clothing retailer plans to close its U.S. stores, including one in Denver’s River North neighborhood. The Denver Business Journal reports that Vancouver-based Kit and Ace, an athletic-leisure chain, will close all stores in the United States, Australia and the United Kingdom. Its RiNo store at 2621 Larimer St. opened two years ago. Kit and Ace currently operates 60 stores worldwide and will maintain its nine Canadian stores while focusing on Internet sales.Read more »
- Centennial apartment complex fetches $65M
A San Francisco-based investment company has nabbed its third Denver-area apartment complex. BusinessDen reports that Jackson Square Properties has acquired the Villas at Homestead, a 14-building complex at East Arapahoe Road and South Holly Street in Centennial. The property at 6857 S. Homestead Parkway was purchased for $65 million. Jackson Square spent $168 million for two apartment complexes in metro Denver last summer.Read more »
- New results, possible funding for Miragen Therapeutics
BOULDER — Miragen Therapeutics Inc. has released new information about its clinical trials in humans, as well as opened up a possibility for more funding. At its presentation on Thursday to the Society for Investigative Dermatology, Miragen shared that volunteers are generally responding well to its MRG-201, a product that is supposed to mimic microRNA-29, which in turn should decrease certain genes involved in scar formation. As of mid-March, 54 volunteers have participated in the double-blind placebo-controlled study, which involves testing MRG-201 in skin incisions. So far, results have shown that patients who have received MRG-201 have reduced fibroplasia, a marker of skin formation. Miragen scientists are calling preliminary results encouraging for the use of MRG-201 in scar formation. The presentation is one of several Miragen is making. In May, the company will participate in two more investor conferences, the Deutsche Bank 42nd Annual Health Care Conference on May 3 and the UBS Global Healthcare Conference on May 22. The Boulder-based bioscience company also recently announced a prospectus with Cowen & Company LLC. That prospectus would allow the investment banking firm to sell up to $50 million of new stock to interested buyers. While it is not yet determined if that new stock sale will actually happen — there’s a three-year window to decide — it would be a way to generate capital for Miragen as needed, without needing to go through new financing.
The post New results, possible funding for Miragen Therapeutics appeared first on BizWest.Read more »